Nail Salon IMC Ventilation Code Compliance
The HealthyAir® Source Capture Fan-Filter Exhauster fully complies with, and exceeds, IMC Ventilation Code requirements for Nail Salons.
For Nail Salons IMC 2015/IMC 2018/IMC2021 generally requires:
- a minimum of 50 cfm of air extraction from each nail station
- at least one exhaust inlet per nail station located <12” from the point of chemical application
- exhaust of all extracted air from the nail salon to the outdoor atmosphere
Added benefits of system use include:
- The clean air output of each system can be applied to the total 0.6 cfm/ft2 that is required to be exhausted from overall salon air, which in turn conserves energy
- Prevents contaminated air from re-entering the salon and/or entering adjacent environments, including neighboring businesses or residences
- Prevents nail dust from accumulating in duct work and creating potential hazards
IMC 2015 Ventilation Code: https://codes.iccsafe.org/content/IMC2015/chapter-4-ventilation
IMC 2018 Ventilation Code: https://codes.iccsafe.org/content/IMC2018CU/chapter-4-ventilation
IMC 2021 Ventilation Code: https://codes.iccsafe.org/content/IMC2021P1/chapter-4-ventilation
Recommend Nail Salon Use
(1) HealthyAir® Source Capture Fan-Filter Exhauster Multi-Inlet system is capable of serving (2) adjacent nail stations.
Outside Ventilation – IMC Ventilation Code Compliance
The HA-SCE-G2 model is primarily designed for use as an Outside Ventilation unit, whereby the system is designed to take in contaminated air though the extraction hose, filter contaminants, and discharge treated air out of the facility via an exhaust duct connection to the 5” dia. outlet port of the unit.
The components required to setup the unit for Outside Venting come with the unit, as outlined in the manual.
Weight, Dimensions & Installation
The approximate weight and base dimensions of the unit is: 40 lbs. - 12”l x 14”w x 21”h
The standard unit is equipped with (2) Extraction Hose; (2) 4'L or (2) 6'L. Custom length hose is available, for information and pricing please contact us.
This portable floor unit is designed to be positioned in close proximity to the work station, however in some cases remote location of units is required. For customized layouts, please contact us for engineering and design recommendations.
By easily adjusting the flexible hose, the hoods of the extraction arms can be strategically positioned, approximately 6”-12” from the work area, to capture contaminates from the emission source.
The HA-SCE-G2 offers simple remote-control operation and is equipped with a three-speed fan that enables control of air flow and sound level.
Maintenance of the unit is simple and does not require the use of any tools.
Filter Model & Replacement
The HealthyAir® Source Capture Fan-Filter Exhauster utilizes the model HA-FFM-Filter. Each unit comes with (1) pre-installed filter.
The recommend filter replacement cycle is 18 months on average. However, the need for filter replacement naturally varies depending on the frequency and nature of use.
When the unit has been in operation for 400-hours, the Filter Change indicator light, on the Control Panel, will begin to flash. This serves as a reminder to inspect and/or replace the filter.
The Filter Change Timer can be reset by following the reset protocol outlined in the manual.
The following replacement filter is compatible with this unit: